Thursday 23 June 2016

GE2220 Terrestrial And Coastal Environments

Taken in SEM 2 AY15/16

Module overview: 
First half of the syllabus contains stuff learnt in JC geography - such as rivers, slopes etc. 2 of the practical assessments were on slopes, 1 was on alluvial plains, 1 was on rivers. (2/4 used google maps). Some of the practicals were rather time consuming (all were 1000 word reports - which was not enough), some required field trips out, some required intensive use of google maps, but all were take home assignments. Got A-/A for all.

Tips for assignments: Make sure to write the word limit for on the cover page, the teacher gives marks for it. Good formatting is also required.

Noted for this module weren't very good (especially when compared to JC notes). You might want to read up on some - can be tested during exams. PM me if you want the textbook, I have the soft copy.
For the exams - key terms are essential. For eg. When talking about river energy its important to mention equilibrium. Again, PM me if you want the feedback from the prof for the exam.

Find a more detailed break down here:
Useful link 

Review: If you have a background in geography from JC, take it!!
Studied for it for 3 days, only attended 2 lectures, and felt pretty unsure going into the exams (because i didnt know what they'll test since the notes were so brief) but got A-!!

Webcast: None
Textbook: For better elaboration, suggested

Grading: 
Break down:
4 x 15 = 60% (4 practical assignments, 15 marks each)
Final exams: 40%
Expected Grade: Very unsure what I would get/ A- 

Prof: Lu Xi Xi + DR Muhammad Nawaz + LIU SHAODA

9 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Sorry but how do I go about PM-ing you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! do contact me at themodnerd.help@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I would like to know more tips as I do not have any JC geography background. I only have secondary elective geography background. donaven@live.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Could you send me the textbook & notes please, i've only sec sch geog elective knowledge so the lag is pretty big... appreciate all the help thanks!
    kenneth.zheng@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am planning to take GE2220 but I only have secondary geog elective background. Is it possible to send me the notes and textbooks? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am planning to take GE2220 next semester. Do you still provide the notes and textbooks? Thanks!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Im taking this module this sem and would really appreciate it if you could send me your notes and textbooks as well? my email is claudiaaw@gmail.com. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! I'm taking GE2220 this semester and I only have geog knowledge till sec2. May I ask if you would be able to send me your notes, textbook and tips for this module as well? Thank you so much and I would appreciate your help alot heh :) my email is minnnxx0.0@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete